Sonoma International Film Festival endeavors to celebrate the best in independent and international features, documentaries and short films.
In Sonoma, it’s all about the filmmakers.
- “One of the 25 Coolest Festivals” by MovieMaker Magazine
- One of America’s Top Ten Destination Film Festivals by USA Today
- Reputation in finding and cultivating new talent from around the world
- Generous cash award prizes
- Committed to 50/50 gender parity
We love great culinary films across all categories. We love comedies as much as dramas. We love films about and infused with music. We love films from around the world. We love films from across the USA from West to East and everything in between. We love to celebrate talent from the Bay Area. We love original shorts with any of the above areas and all genres.
To submit we ask you to choose one of the following categories:
- U.S. Feature Films
- U.S. Documentary Films
- International Feature Films
- International Documentary Films
- Live Action Short Films
- Documentary Short Films
- Animated Short Films
Dates & Deadlines
- August 8, 2022 – Opening Date
- September 9, 2022 – Early Bird Deadline
- November 18, 2022 – Regular Deadline
- December 16, 2022 – Late Deadline
- January 13, 2023 – Extended Deadline
- February 15, 2023 – Notification Date
- March 22 – 26, 2023 – Live Festival Date
Grand Jury Prizes
- Best Feature
- Best Documentary
- Best Short | Live Action
- Best Short | Documentary
- Best Short | Animation
Audience Awards | Cash Prizes:
- Stolman Award—Best Feature ($1,000)
- A3 Award—Best Documentary ($1,000)
- McNeely Award–Best Short ($1,000)
Rules & Terms
- Submissions are only accepted through FilmFreeway. Please make sure to include a film screening link (Vimeo preferred) or upload your film to FilmFreeway in order to be considered. We do not accept physical copies of films for consideration.
- Upon submission, you acknowledge and agree that your film may screen up to three times at our venues during the festival. Participating films are offered in-person festival benefits including festival passes and hospitality from our guest relationships department. We do not pay screening fees.