Attending The SIFF Virtual Festival
The best way to enjoy SIFF is with a pass. Our Virtual Everything Pass gives you the flexibility to see all the films on a computer, phone or TV that are in the festival plus all monthly films featured on the last Saturday of each month. Alternatively, we offer individual tickets to films at $12. Watch this video about how to order tickets: http://bit.ly/OrderingTickets
Download the instructions as a PDF here.
How to Use
If you have logged in successfully, your initial will appear in a circle in the upper right hand corner.
Watch this video to further explain how to login to your account: http://bit.ly/LoggingintoEventive
How to transfer your pass:
- Go to your pass account and if you have multiple passes, you can transfer to different people by clicking on the gear icon to the right and then click Transfer Pass. You will need to enter the email of the person(s) you are transferring a pass to.
- Submit the form and the recipient will receive an email with a link that will allow them to accept the transfer and add the pass to their account.
- The pass will remain in your account until they accept. Once accepted, the pass will disappear from your account unless it is transferred back to you.
- The recipient will then activate their account and use their pass just as you do.
Requirements For Devices You Use to Watch Films
- MACS: Running OS 10.12 or higher
- PCs: Running windows 7 or higher
- IPHONES / IPADS: Safari iOS 11.2 or later
- ANDROID: Chrome Android 6.0 or later
To watch at home make sure that your browser is up to date. It is best to use Google ChromeMac/OSX, Windows, Android69+Mozilla Firefox/OSX, Windows58+SafariMac/OSX, iOS10+OperaMac/OSX, Windows67+
For any and all devices, you will need a strong and stable internet connection. If you want to check your internet speed you can run a test. Click here to run
How to Watch Festival Films
- We use Eventive as the platform for ticketing, passes and film viewing.
- Go to our festival home page: https://sonomafilmfest.org/festival for the program
- Sign into your Eventive account from menu bar in upper right corner
- Scroll to see full selection of program
- Click on any film for more information and for trailer if available
- Unlock with your pass or choose to watch one time by purchasing a ticket
- Program will load and video will begin playing once you choose play.
Here is video of the guide to watching movies:
HOW TO CONNECT DEVICES TO WATCH ON TV
Computer To TV / Direct Connection:
You may connect directly from your computer to your TV by using a HDMI cable.Make sure that your cable is long enough to go from one to the other. HDMI cables come in a variety of lengths.
Connect one end of the HDMI cable into HDMI port on your TV. Note the HDMI input number it is connected to. Plug other end into laptop or computer HDMI out port.
Set your TV to the HDMI Input port that your computer is connected to using the source or display button on your TV remote If your computer display does not automatically appear on your TV screen, you may need to have the computer manually detect the display.
Apple TV APP (must be Generation 4 and higher):
- From Apple TV device, launch the App Store
- Search for Eventive TV and install the App. (Need help to download apps from the App Store to your Apple TV – click here)
- Once App is installed, you will be asked for a code to connect your Eventive account. On your computer, go to https://sonomafilmfest.org/festival here and login at the upper right hand corner.
- From same menu in upper right hand corner, Select TV app setup and enter the code from your Apple TV device
- You must first unlock programs on your computer, tablet or smartphone to be able to watch on your Apple TV.
- From your computer, tablet or smartphone, add the Eventive channel to your TV by going here: https://my.roku.com/add/6MHHHM2 *The channel is not currently available in the Roku app store, you must add it by visiting the website.
- Click OK when the pop-up comes up.
- Click Yes, add channel to add Eventive TV to your account.
- Check your TV to see if the Eventive app has been added. Select the app with your TV remote to bring up the Mountainfilm program on the app.
- Once the app is installed, on your computer, tablet or smartphone, and log in at the upper right-hand corner.
You must first unlock programs on your computer, tablet or smartphone to be able to watch them on your Roku.
APPLE AIR PLAY
- Make sure your devices (iPhone, iPad, laptop, Apple TV or Smart TV) are connected to the same wifi network.
- Using the Safari browser on your Apple computer, iPhone or iPad, go to the AirPlay icon.
- Connect to your Apple TV by entering the code. Your device screen should appear as a mirror on your TV.
- If you are having audio sync issues when AirPlaying from your computer, try connecting from an iPhone or iPad.
- If you are trying to AirPlay to a Smart TV, you must first select the program you want to watch from your Apple device and then select the AirPlay button from within the Eventive player.
- Still having trouble? Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use AirPlay.
Stream directly from a tab in the Chrome internet browser to a TV connected to a Chromecast device from your Mac or PC computer. Note: At this time, Chromecast is not available to cast from Apple iOS devices, like the iPhone and iPad. Once your Chromecast is set up you can stream directly from your computer.
- On the video page, open the Chrome menu in the upper right corner of the window (or the View menu) and select Cast. Make sure the tab you want to be displayed is the one you are selecting to cast.
- Select your Chromecast source (consider selecting Chrome tab) and your Chromecast destination. Chromecast will then be connected and video will be playing on your TV.
- To disconnect from Chromecast, click the blue Stop icon next to your casting destination.
- If there are any issues with the Chromecast stream, try setting the video to a lower quality.
- Still having trouble? Here’s a guide on how to use Chromecast from your computer.
FILMS WITH LIMITED SCREENINGS
Most of our festival films will be available for viewing from anywhere during festival dates and for special year round offers. There are a few films that are geographically, date, time or capacity restricted. You may click on the film to see all information regarding any restrictions that may apply.